The Brave Programmer - Blogging and coding
Not for the faint hearted
 

Blog Posts From The Brave Programmer

Minimize

The Who’s Who in the Search Engine Zoo

Mar19

Written by:
2010/03/19 07:51 AM RssIcon

search-engines-seo For just $50 We will submit your website to over 500 search engines.

I’m sure most of you have either heard of this SEO tactic or been approached by SEO firms offering similar service. Let me say that if you bow in to that type of scam you are going to lose your money.

The Top Search Engines

There are only about five top level major search engines. With three taking up over 93% of the market share. Leaving 7 % to the rest of the 497 other search engines out there.

The top there are, you guessed it:

Sure there are some major search engines in other countries that offer specialised searches. But their results and pull and reach are so minimal that it’s not worth the effort to even submit to them.

Google’s the man.

Anyway Google and Yahoo supply the majority of the other search engines with search data anyway. With Google being the top supplier, if you will. Everything and anything in the Search Engine world revolves around Google. So getting indexed and listed on the Top Three will surely be sufficient.

Don’t pay for your search engines submissions. The top Search engines have free submission services. For Google go to AddURL, and Bing go to bing’s submitsite page. Although Yahoo has a $299 a year submission fee for guaranteed submissions, you can still make use of the non guaranteed submission service at Yahoo Submit.

Search Engine Relationship

Below is a simple Search Engine Relationship chart. Detailing who passes on search and index results, whether paid, primary or secondary search, and who receives searches. From there you can see that it really only pays to submit to the top three. If you're lazy, submitting to just Google will really not hurt you in the search arena.

SearchEngineRelationship

So if you really want to pay someone $50 to submit your website. Don’t! I tell you what, for a 50% discount, I’ll submit your site to 1000 search engines for only $25. Does that not make you feel better?

Have you made use of any Search engine submission services? Have you submitted your site to any search engines yourself? Let us know in the comments below.

Do you have any Horror stories to share?

Also, I will submit your site for free.  The first 20 people who ask me to submit their site to the major search engines in the comments below, I will do for free. No Gambling, Porn, Hate, or any site that a 10 year old will be banned from.

Then use the $50 you just saved and sponsor a blogger instead.

Remember you can win a weeks worth of free ad space just for commenting. The best comments during the week will get a weeks free advertising space. Check out: Win free advertising for your blog

New here, or perhaps you've been here a few times? Like this post? Why not subscribe to this blog and get the most up to date posts as soon as they are published.

Get involved in our community. Help promote other bloggers. List your blog in our directory for bloggers. Blog Directory for Bloggers

 



Tags:
Categories:
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Blog Updates Via E-mail
 Blog Updates Via E-mail
Minimize

Do you want to receive blog updates via e-mail. Then just click on the link below. You will be redirected to Google's feed burner, where you can fill out a form. Supplying your e-mail address.

The subscription is managed entirely by Google's Feedburner. We cannot and do not collect your email address.

Subscribe to The Brave Programmer by Email

Print  
 

 

Latest Comments
 Latest Comments
Minimize
Powered by Disqus

Sign up with Disqus to enjoy a  surprise box of features

Print  
 
Blog Roll
 Blog Roll
Minimize
Print  
 
Categories
 Categories
Minimize
Print  
 
<h1>Search Blogs From The Brave Programmer</h1>
 

Search Blogs From The Brave Programmer

Minimize
Print  
 
Archive
 Archive
Minimize
Archive
<April 2017>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2627282930311
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30123456
Monthly
Go
Print  
 
<h1>News Feeds (RSS)</h1>
 

News Feeds (RSS)

Minimize
Print  
 

Follow robertbravery on Twitter

Blog Engage Blog Forum and Blogging Community, Free Blog Submissions and Blog Traffic, Blog Directory, Article Submissions, Blog Traffic

View Robert Bravery's profile on LinkedIn

Mybyte

 

Robert - Find me on Bloggers.com

Tags
 Tags
Minimize
Print  
 
Contact Us Now
 Contact Us Now
Minimize
 

Email  us now or call us on 082-413-1420,  to host your website.

We design and develop websites. We develop websites that make a difference. We do Dotnetnuke Module development.

Web Masters Around The World
Power By Ringsurf
Print