Written by:2008/10/31 11:22 PM
Those fantastic computers in the movies, and those awsome programmers and hackers. Have no comparison in real life. Have a look at some of the comical things that happen with computers and movies.
Ever watched a movie and seen how ridiculous the computer interaction is or how computers behave, unlike normal computers in real life.
I came across a site which lists 28 of some really funny and unbelievable things computers and people do. http://www.geekpolice.net/jokes-fun-stuff-f1/things-computers-can-do-in-movies-t3806.htm Here are a few of my favourites.
1. You never have to use the space-bar when typing long sentences.
2. You can also infect a computer with a destructive virus by simply typing "UPLOAD VIRUS". (See "Fortress".)
3. All computers are connected. You can access the information on the villain's desktop computer even if it's turned off.
4. People typing on a computer can safely turn it off without saving the data.
5. A hacker is always able to break into the most sensitive computer in the world by guessing the secret password in two tries.
6. You may bypass "PERMISSION DENIED" message by using the "OVERRIDE" function. (See "Demolition Man".)
7. Computers only take 2 seconds to boot up instead of the average minutes for desktop PCs and 30 minutes or more for larger systems that can run 24 hours, 365 days a year without a reset.
8. Complex calculations and loading of huge amounts of data will be accomplished in under three seconds. Movie modems usually appear to transmit data at the speed of two gigabytes per second.
9. Computers can interface with any other computer regardless of the manufacturer or galaxy where it originated. (See "Independence Day".)
10. Computer disks will work on any computer has a floppy drive and all software is usable on any platforms.
11. The more high-tech the equipment, the more buttons it will have (See "Aliens".)
12. Most computers, no matter how small, have reality-defying three-dimensional active animation, photo-realistic graphics capabilities.
13. Searches on the internet will always return what you are looking for no matter how vague your keywords are. (See "Mission Impossible", Tom Cruise searches with keywords like "file" and "computer" and 3 results are returned.)
What are your favourite great movie computer moments. Leave us a comment.
0 comment(s) so far...
Do you want to receive blog updates via e-mail. Then just click on the link below. You will be redirected to Google's feed burner, where you can fill out a form. Supplying your e-mail address.
The subscription is managed entirely by Google's Feedburner. We cannot and do not collect your email address.
Subscribe to The Brave Programmer by Email
Sign up with Disqus to enjoy a surprise box of features